How to Generate Traffic to your Website Naturally
A question we face: “How do I drive more traffic to my website?”
At some point, the thought comes to mind for every entrepreneur selling something online, whether a product or service.
You may have invested time and effort in setting up an online store, only to be disappointed in why there is little to no traffic. Perhaps, you have been receiving steady traffic growth but hit a peak and don’t know what else to do.
Increase Website Traffic Naturally
Engage in conversations on social media
It’s not as easy as sharing a link across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Engagement is more than liking a post but is a way of establishing a conversation by encouraging the right people, offering thoughts, and creating excitement and enthusiasm.
Get friends and family to share to help boost traffic in the short run while establishing a more concrete foundation in the long run.
- Consistently engage on social media networks. Find and connect with individuals and businesses.
Be involved in Reddit by posting your store and sharing news and comment.
- Offer contests and giveaways to bring attention to your business.
- Offer discounts- this can be an extremely effective option to get people to act and convert the lead to a conversion. Also, adding an expiration on the discount creates a form of urgency, a psychological conversion trigger.
Get in touch with influencers
Over 80% of people trust online reviews written by other customers. Influencer marketing is described as a relationship block that establishes relationships with influencers to get your website in front of a new audience.
Send free samples to social media influencers to get them to feature your products or services, a valuable tactic for increasing traffic to your website.
- Growing your business is a difficult task as is. Marketing alone is even more so. Make friends with other bloggers by reaching out to them. Even if you don’t have many visitors or domain authority, you can still establish a relationship with other bloggers and people of influence. Reach out to Instagram influencers to promote your product or service in exchange for products.
Get customers with content marketing
Content marketing is a creative skill that encourages interest, provides information, and offers engagement organically to attract visitors online.
Write blog posts to provide information or to solve a problem. Content writing on a blog involves more than valuable information and problem-solving. It’s a means of building a persona, customer journey mapping, and keyword research.
- Similar to blogging, podcasting provides potential targeting to a specific audience, which doesn’t require optimization but rather key points that would prompt a listener to react outside of the podcast.
Videos are a great way to offer information or entertainment using networks like YouTube. YouTube creates a long-term marketing tactic that can generate a massive audience and get the correct visitors to your website.
Generate traffic using SEO strategies
Why can’t my customers & clients find my website online?
When someone searches for products or services, you want your website to be on the first page and perhaps one of the top 3 results. Search engine optimization is a great way to rank high on search engines.
Writing titles and descriptions that are keyword optimized is an important aspect of SEO. Aligning targeted keywords in the title and description is the essential metric used by Google to prioritize the order of results. The recommendation presented by SEO optimization gurus is to optimize the meta title, which helps you stand out from the crowd. Every title must be unique from page to page, and keywords need to be laid out consistently on a per-page basis. Meta descriptions, on the other hand, are used to present a summary of the page’s content, which is displayed by the search engine on the result page.
- Getting external links is another important technique that boosts SEO. It’s a way to help elevate a domain authority that would help your page ranking in search engines. It’s hard to understand Google’s page ranking formula but linking from lower-priority pages to high-priority pages on your website can help you succeed in the PageRank that leads back to your priority pages.
More Steps to Take to Stand out From the Crowd:
- Optimize your site.
- Generate and submit your sitemaps to search engines.
- Setup page breadcrumbs
- Create a list of highly targeted pages that rank better.
- Establish a list of pages on the website that don’t have much authority and page rank.
- Create a link or CTA button from your higher authority page to your targeted (lower authority) page. The homepage is the most authoritative and high-ranking page on the website.
Generating traffic to your website might seem like a lot of work, and it is! But if you put in the effort, you will reap the benefits.